Annual Program Highlights
At the end of 2019, 43 Master Gardener Volunteers reported 2,715 hours of volunteer service for an estimated value of $65,169 (Independent Sector). They also reported 460 hours of continuing education and reached an estimated 9,160 individuals with various outreach projects.
- The Master Gardener Program in Washburn County started in 1999.
- Burnett, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties collaborate for a regional program based out of the Spooner Agriculture Research Station.
Where to find MGVs in Washburn County
- Bashaw Valley Farm and Greenhouse – conducting Mini-Master Gardener session (teaching)
- Washburn County Fair
- School Gardens at Spooner Elementary and Middle Schools
- Spooner Head Start and Lakeland Family Resource Center
- Washburn County Senior Centers
- Washburn County Family Fest
- Spooner Library
- Spooner Agriculture Research Station Teaching and Display Garden