New Enrollment Process
Starting for 2020, Master Gardener Volunteers will be required to officially “enroll” in the program prior to volunteering. The enrollment procedure includes activating your account in the Online Reporting System, agreeing to the conditions of volunteer service (you can view the forms, below), completing mandated reporter training, and successfully passing the criminal background check.
- Returning volunteers must acknowledge the new UW-Madison conditions of service and volunteer behavior expectations agreement. Criminal background checks will only need to be conducted if not on file and not expired.
- Volunteers missing or with expired criminal background check will have a new one initiated by the state program office during this period.
- New interns will need to complete all aspects of the enrollment process, including the criminal background check and mandated reporter training.
- New interns will have their criminal background check initiated when your local coordinator creates your account in the online reporting system.
We anticipate the enrollment process to begin on December 1, 2019. Starting then, you will not have access to your account until all aspects of the enrollment process are completed. Upon enrollment, you will receive a Master Gardener Volunteer position description for your records. Going forward, this will need to be repeated annually.
Thank you for cooperation with this. All these new procedures and policies may seem pointless. Really, they are helping ensure a safe experience for you, our clients, and staff. They also help implement a single set of guidelines and best practices that we as staff and volunteers can leverage for a less confusing and more equitable experience.
Conditions of Volunteer Service
The following documents are posted for viewing purposes only. Agreements for these documents will be in the online reporting system.
[Update November 1, 2019] We are in the process of updating the information in the toolbox. Click on the headers, below, to expand information or link to other pages.
- Reporting Hours
- Couldn’t Complete All Your Hours?
- What Counts?
- Continuing Education Hours
It’s not all work and no play! Here’s some extras primarily for certified MGVs
- Using the MGV Title
- Projecting a Professional Image
- Assumption of Risk
- Responsibilities and Rights
- Accepting Gifts, Honoraria or Expense Reimbursements
- Working with Commercial Sponsors for Events
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect Training (MRT)
- Time Off
Have you moved or changed your email address recently?
Update your mailing address, phone number or email address in the Online Reporting System.
Please note: As of September 2019, we (the state office) are using the email you provide in the ORS to send you important updates. If you’re not receiving emails, please check the ORS to make sure your email is current!