[This has been updated from the original post]
- See communication in April 2020 Volunteer Vibe
Due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak and guidelines from Wisconsin Department of Health Services, UW-Madison, and federal agencies:
All Master Gardener Program volunteer requirements are suspended for the remainder of the year. This means MGVs will be able to report less than 24 hours of volunteer activity and still be able to maintain certification status. The 10 hour minimum of Continuing Education remains in place.
Do NOT let the volunteer requirements of the program jeopardize your health and well-being; Our priority is for you to stay home and be healthy.
The following activities are cancelled for now through May (please anticipate longer):
- Face to face activities regardless of number attending including meetings, educational activities, and other volunteer activities
- Bus trips
- Plant sales
The following activities are currently allowable (subject to change):
- Ongoing online continuing education activities approved by Extension staff.
- Volunteerism that can be done from home, such as newsletter creation, social media updates, and similar.
- Meetings, using phone and webinar technology.
The situation will continually be assessed and updates will be provided.
I know this is a disappointing situation for many of you. It is a necessary step for the protection of volunteers, staff, and clientele; and we hope to reduce the stress and burden on volunteers and staff as we work remotely.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and your county health department.