Session 11: Fruits and Vegetables
This session is about growing edible plants - fruits, vegetables and herbs. It is not intended to be about the specifiic plants themselves, but about the conditions these plants require and how they are best grown in Wisconsin.
Instructions for Faciliators: Session 11 OPEN THIS FIRST!
Handouts for Sessions 11
- Lecture note pages
- Review questions B, A, C, C, D
- Answers to Terrible Tomatoes & Cucumber Curiosities take-home activity (from Session 6)
- What's That You're Eating? crossword puzzle
- List of relevant resources
All handouts combined
(includes all files above, except answer sheets)
MG Progam Presentation
- The MG Program: Resources (831KB)
- Prepare a report for the Master Gardener group on post-harvest handling, storage and processing of vegetables.
- Plan a home vegetable garden utilizing techniques of intensive management, succession planting, season extenders, pest management and soil modification activities for the class.
- Gather a collection of seed catalogues for both varietal and open pollinated selections and share them with the class.
- Prepare a demonstration of vegetable seed germination using seeds which have been stored from some time.
- Prepare a class presentation about soil mulches and season extenders for the vegetable garden.