Vilas Co. Master Gardener Association
Welcome and thank you for taking the time to visit us from the Vilas County MGA. Our group was created in 2003 as the “Green Thumbs” by gardening enthusiasts, and became chartered in February 2010. It encompasses Vilas County with an active membership of 24 hard working volunteers, containing 21 certified Master Gardeners. Among our membership is a summer horticulture educator, an instructor at Nicolet Area Technical College, two started the “Seed to Seed Edible Project” in our area, two are on the planning board for the Northland Pines Community Garden, and three help teach gardening at the local schools.
Our involvement in the community includes:
- MGVs give presentations related to the monthly meeting topic
- Working with the Eagle River Revitalization Committee for the past 6 years
- An annual donation of gardening books to the public library
- “Adopt a Garden” is a program that involves maintaining community sites around Eagle River
- Many volunteers attend the Farmers Market on Wednesdays to answer questions
- Established a 2,500 ft2 outdoor Kids Garden at the entrance to the Northwoods Childrens Museum
Our meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Prince of Peace Church, Hwy 70 W, Eagle River, WI., starting at 6PM. We also enjoy field trips to local points of interest.
The Board of Directors:
President Mary Ann Lambrecht
VP/Prog. Dir. Shirley Egan
Secretary Bill Lamon
Treasurer Nancy Schuller