MGVs are required to keep track of the hours they complete. You may have been provided with an individual timesheet by your local facilitator. A standard timesheet is provided here for your convenience, but you don't have to use it. The important thing is that hours are recorded in the three main categories and are turned in to the local facilitator by the deadline!
Timesheet to print out and fill in by hand:
Timesheet to record data electronically and later print:
The timesheet is also now available as an Excel file so you can enter your information directly into the file and the columns will automatically add up when numbers are added. This can then be printed in the fall to turn in to the county office.
- You MUST download this file to your own computer - it cannot be filled out and saved or submited on this website. To download the file, simply click on the link below and choose "Save" . Make sure you change the location to a folder where you will be able to find it later.
- The first column is set up to display the date numerically by month and day separated by a slash (e.g. 4/23), regardless of how you enter information. If you type in "April 23" or "23 April" it will automatically convert this to show as "4/23". Don't include the year (the column isn't wide enough); it will be obvious that any hours done in the autumn are really from the previous year, but fall within the reporting period attributed to this year. Should you want to use the file for a different reporting period, just change the year at the top of the page (and rename your file when you save it!).
- The cells for activity descriptions are set up to allow text wrap, but for more than the first line to show, you'll have to manually resize the row by dragging it down (the autofit feature doesn't work on merged cells, which these all are to accomodate the setup at the top of the page).
- When recording your volunteer service and continuing education you must enter the amount of time in MINUTES for each activity. The total at the bottom will automatically be converted into hours! The totals at the bottom of the page will automatically update when you enter data (and move to the next cell), so you can easily keep a running total of what you have done.
- You can add additional rows above the totals line if you need them, but do not change the width of the columns or the form will not print correctly. You may wish to use the print preview feature to make sure your document will fit properly on a piece of paper when printed.
- The reverse side of the printed version is NOT included in this file. If you want to request confidentiality of your contact information you will need to print the second page from the pdf in order to sign that. (After you have completed your timesheet, just print the Excel file, then return the page (or the first page if there are more than one) to your printer and print just page 2 of the pdf file on the reverse.)