International MG Conference
The International Master Gardener conference is held every other year in a different host city each time, rotating through five regions, giving the opportunity to highlight gardening and special horticultural attractions there. This special conference brings a large number of MGs together from throughout the US and Canada (as many as 1300 MGVs). These conferences run approximately three days with additional time for pre and post conference tours.
The next IMGC will be an Alaskan cruise aboard the MS Westerndam, a Holland America ship, September 7-14, 2013 (considerably longer than the typical IMGC). The cruise will depart from Seattle and return to that port, making air travel arrangements easy. Educational sessions will be held on board and special shore excursions focusing on gardens and horticulture will be offered (in addition to what the cruise line offers). Go to the conference website.
- 2011 - Color it Green In a Wild & Wonderful Way, October 11-14, 2011 in Charleston, West Virginia
- 2009 - "New Frontiers" in Horticulture and Gardening, March 22-26, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 2007 - Celebrate Gardening in the Natural State, May 2-5, 2007 in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- 2005 - 100 Years of Gardening on the Canadian Prairies, June 24-27, 2005 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- 2003 - Celebrate Gardening in the Ohio River Valley, June 18-21, 2003 in the Cincinnati, OH/Northern Kentucky area.
- 2001 - The Magic of Gardening, May 29-June 1, 2001 at Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando, Florida